Go easy on the creme for a healthier version, and portion your macros right with Bebox. DELICIOUS recipe if you are maintaining your health, without counting your calories.
In Bebox, portion your meals to have:
50% vegetable (asparagus and wild mushroom)
20% add in sweet potatoes as your carb
30% protein (chicken)
Recipe by Jeanne Thiel Kelley
Photograph by Maria del Mar Sacasa
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; season with salt and toss to evenly coat asparagus with oil. Add 3 Tbsp. water, cover, and steam until water evaporates and asparagus is just tender, 4–5 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms; season with salt and sauté until tender, 8–10 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to another medium bowl. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet.
- Add shallot and garlic and sauté until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add chicken; season with salt and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Sauté until chicken is almost cooked through, 4–6 minutes.
- Add wine and cream; bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Return asparagus and mushrooms to skillet and toss until coated. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In Bebox, portion your meals to have 50% vegetables, 20% add in sweet potatoe as your carbs and 30% protein (chicken)