This is Lara’s vegetable packed soups she makes on the go. A perfect side meal to have if you are left still feeling hungry, or have this as your lunch when needing lower calories for weight loss.
You can also add protein or iron by adding in spinach leaves, tofu, or sliced boiled eggs.
- Chop up all truss tomatoes, two celery sticks and carrot and place in a food processor/ blender with one cup of vegetable broth or water. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium to large saucepan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, diced onion and crushed garlic. heat on low setting for 4 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Finely chop remaining two celery sticks and dice the chili. Add them to the saucepan along with the tin of diced tomatoes, basil and paprika. Simmer while stirring on low heat for 1 minute.
- Finally add the blended veggies to the saucepan and continue stirring until it's piping hot.
- If you prefer runnier soups, stir in more vegetable broth or water until you're happy with it.
- Serve with salt, pepper and fresh basil or parsley leaves on top.
- If you need protein or iron included, Blend in some spinach leaves, add some tofu or a sliced boiled egg or some cooked lean bacon! It's a dish that can easily be tweaked