Quinoa Mealprep Salad
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, season with salt and pepper to taste, and saute until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chili powder and cumin and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add beans, 1 1/2 cups water, and chicken broth and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, bring remaining water, cooking oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add rice, cover, turn heat down to medium-low, and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir to fluff and add lime juice and cilantro.
- Scoop two ladlefuls of soup into a blender or food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add blended soup back into the pot and add hot sauce, stirring to combine.
- To serve, scoop cooked rice into bottom of bowls and top with hot soup.
- Top with sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream, as desired.