One of our favorite salad recipes. A mason jar meal makes any meal more fun to eat! This Cobb salad is high protein and fibre with no carbs but leaves a satisfied stomach and tastebuds.
Pro Tip: When it comes to mason jar salads, be sure to place the dressing at the bottom and a vegetable or fruit that will marinate well in the dressing. Example: tomato in french vinaigrette
- Place egg in a small saucepan with boiling water. Cover the pan and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- While egg is boiling, place 1 chicken breast on skillet over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook for around 5-10 minutes. To see if chicken is fully cooked, cut half way and ensure their is no pink inside. Once chicken is cooked, set aside.
- Remove egg and run under cold water. Peel and chop the egg and set aside.
- Over medium high heat, cook bacon slices. Set aside once completed
- To assemble salad, place vinaigrette at the bottom. Then layer with tomatoes, parsley, egg, cucumber, avocado, romain lettuce, chicken breast and top with bacon